|Site AdminPosts: 811Location: UitgeestJoined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:00 am
Hello and welcome to the Illustrated db Discography forum
Although there are many popular David Bowie forums, very few specifically cater for collectors of David Bowie's records and CDs. I therefore decided to launch this forum for them and anyone interested in the finer details of David Bowie's music and collecting. A forum also provides an easy way to create a knowledge base for collectors, the perfect companion to my Illustrated db Discography website. If you are a collector, please join us and share your knowledge. If you're new to collecting, we want to share our knowledge with you.
If you're only looking for general discussions about David Bowie and his music, this forum may not be for you.
The Admin Team
The team consists of Maarten Kwant (maarten), Colin McIntyre, Lars-Andre Tokheim (BewlayBrother) and myself (ruud). The team is here to help you, maintain order and enforce the forum rules. Please respect their role and do your part to contribute to a healthy community and environment. The team will also respect you and your views.
If the team feel that a member's behaviour seriously breaches the rules, is generally unacceptable and warrants intervention, a warning will typically be issued. If the warning goes unheeded, further action will be taken. This may range from locking the offending user account, to deletion or banning of the user. Action is generally on a case-by-case basis. If a user is apologetic, interested in a peaceful solution and wishes to have their account reinstated, a general consensus will be formed by the team for, or against, such a request.
There will be occasions when you may not understand why the team has taken action against a member. Please remember that things aren't always what they appear to be and the team is acting in the best interests of the forum.
If the team deletes a post because it breaches the rules, the poster will be told which rule it breached.
If you have concerns about how the forum is administered, please PM a member of the admin team or post in the comments section of the forum.
The team is also responsible for maintaining the forum database. From time to time, they may examine older threads and delete posts that duplicate information available elsewhere or are simply no longer required. Please don't take offence if some of your posts are deleted, it's not personal. It's just easier to find relevant information in a focused archive.
1. Read the forum's rules and guidelines before posting for the first time.
2. Search the other posts to see if your topic is already covered.
3. Use a meaningful title for your thread.
4. Try to post in the correct forum for the topic. Our forums have been carefully categorised so that most topics fit in one logical location. Any post that is deemed, by the admin team, to be in the wrong forum will be moved to the correct location without warning. Most users can find moved threads on their own but if you do lose your thread, please contact a member of the team.
5. Do not use this forum to promote your eBay auctions, product, service or business.
6. Be civil. Personal differences should be handled through email or PM and not through posts displayed to everyone.
7. Stay on topic. We are the Illustrated db Discography forum and we're here to discuss David Bowie's record and CD discography.
8. Don't hijack someone else's thread and interrupt a topic of discussion. If you want to expand a discussion, start a new thread and point to the original thread.
9. When referring to content on an external website, post a link to that content. If you don't know how to post a link, please contact a member of the admin team.
10. Use plain text if you want your post to be readable by everyone.
11. In order to be understood by most people, use correct spelling, grammar and avoid slang unless you know the word or phrase will be generally understood. Please remember that English is a second language for many of our members.
12. Act in a give and take manner; help others as often as or more than you ask for help.
13. Do not use all caps or SHOUT in your posts. One exclamation mark is usually enough.
14. When replying to a post, do not quote more from the previous post than you have to. If necessary, the admin team will remove unnecessary quotes without warning.
15. Watch your sense of humour, it may not be understood by everyone.
16. Do not use a huge and annoying signature, it may be removed by a member of the admin team without warning.
17. Posts should not contain personal, identifiable information or content embarrassing to others.
18. Rants are frowned on and will be deleted as they are discovered. Public posts should be open and inviting to all members.
19. Do not post "empty" or useless responses, such as just "thanks!", "lol" or "cool". Only post responses when you have something to contribute.
20. Write concisely and do not ramble. Unnecessarily long posts are frequently ignored by members.
21. Links to YouTube and other video sharing websites are generally unwelcome. They may be allowed for exceptionally rare and interesting content if they are also relevant to a topic being discussed.
22. Do not post content that seriously violates a copyright. Do not post direct links to music files unless a short sample is required to illustrate a point being discussed. If you think a link to an audio file is appropriate, but may breach the rules, contact a member of the admin team to discuss it before posting. There may actually be occasions when a member of the admin team invites a member to post a link to a music file. We accept that scans and photos of copyrighted artwork are needed to illustrate items being discussed.
23. Do not post defamatory and potentially libelous comments.
24. Do not chastise newbies or members who are less knowledgeable than you.